Gallen Health & Safety Statement
It is the policy of Gallen Crane Hire and Truck Hire Ltd to ensure that all responsibly practical steps will be taken to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its employees and the protection of others not in its employ, who have legitimate reasons for being on or about company premises. The company recognises its statutory obligations to maintain standards of safety for all its employees in every aspect of their work in relation to equipment and workplaces and for continually maintaining its initiative to ensure that these obligations are fulfilled. it is considered essential in the interest of all employees, that they should observe and maintain the safety standards as laid down in this Policy.
The Company also recognises its obligations to members of the public, contractors and visitors and will ensure that measures, where necessary, will be taken to maintain their health and safety. Management and staff will be required to co-operate to maintain the health and safety at work of the workforce by observation of agreed practices and procedures for improved standards of protection for all persons using the company’s premises. Health and Safety procedures must be regarded as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels. Therefore management will:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2005 and all subsequent and relevant statutory requirements
- Carry out suitable risk assessments of all and tasks carried out (to include risk from noise, manual handling and exposure to chemicals and substances etc)
- Provide and maintain safe means of access and egress from all premises and locations
- Provide safety training, information and instruction as required for all employees, visitors and contractors etc, as appropriate.
- Provide all necessary safety devices, protective equipment and supervise their use.
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in all aspects of safety, in particular by introducing and monitoring safety procedures, and involving employees or their representatives wherever possible.
- All staff have a duty to co-operate fully in the operation of this Policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently, complying with any instruction, information and training in accordance with all company procedures and statutory obligations.
- Immediately reporting incidents (including accidents, near misses, which have resulted in, or may lead to injury)
- Assisting with the investigation of accidents and aiding the introduction of measures to prevent a recurrence.
This Policy has the full support and total commitment of Management, and will be regularly monitored to ensure that the obligations are achieved. It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.